Monday, September 28, 2015

The beginning of the end

Summary
Katniss Everdeen is now in district 13. After destroying the arena of the hunger games, she was rescued and taken to 13, they didn’t rescued Peeta. The authorities of 13 wanted Katniss to be the Mocking jay but she wasn’t very pleased with this, so they took her back to district 12 for a quick visit, so she could see that 13 and her were on the same side. When she got there, she saw everything the Capitol did to her district, her home. She saw a lot of death people and all of the buildings destroyed. She went to see her house, it wasn’t destroyed at all. She entered her house and started looking around, when she was about to leave she saw something that cached her attention. A white rose, the moment Katniss saw the rose she knew it was from President Snow, the head of the Capitol. After a long visit in 12 she went back to 13, when she arrived she was called to go to the room were 13 authorities were. When she got to the room she saw Peeta on the TV in an interview, now at least she knows that he is alive.

      -“The symbol of the revolution. The Mocking jay.... I must now become the actual leader, the            face, the voice, the embodiment of the revolution.” (Pg. 10)
       Katniss has a clear vision of what she wants to do. She wants to become the voice of the                      rebellion against the Capitol and not just become the symbol she wants to act. She wants to                  become the leader a lot of people need and someone that can help the against the Capitol. I think        Katniss is really good example of a person that knows what he/she wants and fights for what they        believe.


      -“I killed you. I think as I pass a pile. And you. And you. Because I did.” (Pg. 5)
      Here Katniss thinks he is guilty of the death of all those people. Maybe she is right. Maybe part of       it it's her fault but not everything is her fault. The Capitol bombed district 12 because Katniss was       from there and they were part of the revolution but Katniss didn't know anything about it until the       end of the games. She is destroyed and hurt by seeing all those people dead because they support         her but, everyone has a choice, right?

Conclusion
You can clearly see how Katniss is a person that worries about others. The Capitol is against her and after all she still fights for what she believes, she doesn't gives up. You can see that Katniss is not sure wether she wants to be the Mockinjay or not but she knows she wants to help and fight against the Capitol. Katniss is a really good example to follow, she fights for what she believes and she doesn't care what other people say about her. Well yeah she worries about others and don't want anyone else to die because of her but she is not going to give up. I think as the book continue, Katniss is going to decide to become the Mockingjay and that she is going to do things against the Capitol so they see that she is not going to stay silent. She is going to help people and do extraordinary things in this rebellion. But we'll see what happens next...

4 comments:

  1. Claudia, I think that you should specify and detail a little more your summary because what I just read didn't gave a much of a imagery and/or characterization. Check your grammar. In my opinion, I think that your first quote from page 10 is okay but I think that the second quote from page 5 is too short to analyze it. You should implement more images and color because I feel it to serious and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clau, first of all, awesome blog. I love how it looks and immediately captures your attention with visually appealing features and enhancements. If you were to increase the amount of images it would with no doubt improve your blog's quality and entertainment, but still I think it looks clean and authentic as it is. Unlike Santiago, I think your summaries are more than enough and don't need much improvement. Additionally, you have a great use of text features, which help organize your information and appeal to your audience. If anything I would advise you to maybe check your spelling a bit more, since, although not as often, you do occasionally commit some mistakes that throw you off while reading, Also, in regard to your quotes, try to elaborate on your thoughts and feelings as you are reading them. We don't need you to simply explain them to us (you already do so in the summaries), but we do want to see your ideas and individual thoughts. Those things aside I have to congratulate you on your blog and tell you that you have a very unique and interesting writing style.

    Peer Grading
    Ideas & Content: 6
    Writing Quality: 7
    Use of Enhancements: 8
    Text Features: 7
    Total: 28/32

    ReplyDelete